Westchester Environmental provides dust level monitoring for the construction industry, offices, schools, homes, and commercial industries.
Employers have an ethical and legal duty to provide a safe and healthy working environment and ensure compliance with the regulations. Regular monitoring also provides information on the following:
- Existence of potential health hazards.
- Possible sources and concentrations of airborne dust.
- Extent of individual employee exposure to toxic substances.
Valid measurements are needed to determine if health hazards exist, and dust controls are needed. The same sampling plan may not be suitable for every work and exposure environment; therefore, a sampling plan should be developed for each specific situation. The following are some of the important criteria for devising an appropriate sampling strategy:
- Type and nature of contaminant.
- Location of workers and nature of work operations.
- Availability of sampling equipment.
- Availability of sample analytical facilities.
- Availability of personnel for survey.